Its fall season and you know what that mean, all your favorite television shows will be returning to your television screens. Now, there are a variety of shows and its impossible to cover all of them so lets look at our initial thoughts on some of the comedy sitcoms that really appealed to us. We’re looking at returning shows and whether they have kept up with their initial likability.
- The Simpsons: Over the past year there have been discussions that the show might end after season 30, but how is the show doing right now? Not too bad actually. Of course it’s not going to be as funny as the mid-90’s but its still a very funny show. The first few episodes were extremely funny and I would go so far as to say that those episodes were funnier than recent seasons of the show.
- Modern Family: This is one of my favorite shows of all time but hasn’t been consistently funny in a very long time. The writing is still very good and the plot always has an interesting twist to it; the problem which I have is the fact that it’s just not as funny as it used to be and it just seems that they’re trying to hard. People who have not seen this show would love it but long-time viewers would have noticed decline in the comedy aspect of the show.
- Dr. Ken: This show has amazing potential and out of all the shows out there, it has genuinely made me laugh out loud. Ken Jeong does a wonderful job as the protagonist here and the whole family dynamic is beautifully played and is a fantastically well-written show. Let’s keep in mind that the show is only in its second season but I have no doubt that this one is going to be around for a while.
- The Goldbergs: This show is still very good, I was expecting this show to disappoint me based on the general story plots in season 3 but its won me over and I love it. The interesting thing about the Goldbergs is that it is a true family show. I think whether you’re alone at home watching it or watching the show with a big family, every single person can relate to almost all of the family members. The acting is so good and I find myself literally laughing out loud with this one. I think we’re going to have some memorable moments this fall from this 80’s family.
- The Big Bang Theory: The show started off with a very interesting premise in the first but has declined so badly. A lot of these shows start at one point in their style of comedy writing and end up at another. A show like big bang theory isn’t funny anymore, plots are interesting and acting is still very good but the comedy just doesn’t appeal to me anymore. Its watchable but nothing more than that for me.
Tell us what returning fall comedy sitcoms your excited or angry about. Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Tumblr listed below and email us for our take on a topic you’d like to hear about. Thanks for the love and support!
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org